New Front Subframe

 After looking/studying the Miata subframe, the Manta frame, the engine, the exhaust, and where to locate the rear pivot point for the lower control, I realized this thing was going to be too restrictive.  I did some internet searching and found a company (V8 Roadsters) who makes Miata subframes for fitting V8"s or other motors going into a Miata.  I ordered it without the motor mounts attach so I could attach my own, once I come up with best fit of motor in the car.




After receiving the subframe I modified it by removing the rear pivot mounting points and shorting the rear of it to fit the Manta.  The great thing about this subframe is that the rails that are parallel to the ground, fit between the Manta frame rails.  Also this subframe is going to make it easier to get access to things on the engine and  to run the exhaust.


Next I had to figure out how much of the rear (the lower control arm) to cut off.

Yep that looks like enough.
A little bit here and little bit there.
DONE
IT FITS AND WORKS WITHOUT HITTING ANYTHING! 😅  I also notched the frame were the upper control arm hits, all good.




Secured the rear of the new subframe to the same location as where the original Manta subframe was secured.  This is also a great datum point to use when I was squaring the new subframe to the Manta frame.

Comments